CHARACTERISTICS OF ENGİZ ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS:
The main property of our team is to design more than one proposal to obtain the Investor make a selection and this makes us privileged to concentrate on the latter stages. Because we had designed many hotels before and most of these were realized in 2 years, we are used to make quick decisions on planning using our know-how on Tourism Architecture. As we are an A+E office, architecture and structural design develops together. We don’t waste time on technical design working with experimented professionals. For the finishing work of interiors and landscape, we choose the designers due to the scope of the design and the target budget. Elaboration of design and the selection of the materials may change the budget twice or sometimes more. Therefore we propose 5 principal stages in order to brief the methods of the work. We make contracts on earlier stages (mostly first 3 of them that are related with design operations) or the latter stages due to the demands of the Investor.
GENERAL METHODOLOGY OF THE WORK:
The notes below summarize the principal stages in each project. Besides, the architecture of hotel building is a very complicated one that each project display varieties in the way of development due to its type, location, budget, management and investment characteristics.
STAGE 1: BRIEF DEVELOPMENT
- Meeting with the Investor and to recognize the demands of the Investment, Feasibility studies, its budget targeting, stylistic and management preference. Submission of the required documents by the Investor.
- Survey and analysis of the site due to:
Topographical and geological documents, photos, sketches
Environmental constraints (Climate, Cultural and Natural Values, Land Use, Traffic, access to site)
Potentials and problems of the land
Planning policy, Building Regulations and Specifications
- Appointment of Design Consultants and Local Authority Planning Department
- Collection of lacking documents for the planning of the plot of the land.
STAGE 2: DESIGN & PLANNING
- Alternative schematic site plans, visualisation and modelling
- Confirmation of the Conceptual Design and the Style.
- Consultation with Local Office and/or the Local Authority Planning Department
- Initial structural analysis
- Preliminary Circulation Scheme, stairs, ramps, elevators and corridors
- Preliminary Security planning (fire, earthquake, explosion etc.)
- Bubble diagram of the functional spaces and their proposed locations
- Submission and approval of planning Application
STAGE 3: TECHNICAL DESIGN
- Larger scale technical development of plan, section and elevations.
- Confirmation of construction methods & materials.
- Coordination of architecture with structural, mechanical and electrical engineers
- Conceptual Design of the Interior and the Landscape.
- Approval of the entire project by the Investor.
- Application for approval under Building Regulations and other Statutory Authorities.
STAGE 4: SPECIFICATION&PRICING
- Dimensional coordination.
- Materials and Construction Methodology
- Final cost estimation and the Technical Specifications.
- Confirmation of procurement method and construction contract type
- Submission of the entire Construction projects for the site.
STAGE 5: CONSTRUCTION
- Regular Inspection of the site during construction.
- Consultancy and progress reports
- Project variation reports